Greenhouse using double-glazed windows is applicable not just in areas with cold weather, but also in other suburban zones such as prolonging the period of fruit-bearing of greenhouse crops or yearlong usage.
The Benefits of such glazing are all undoubted:
- Outstanding thermal insulation can protect crops from early frosts.
- Glazing gently diffuses light, illuminating all corners of the room.
- Double glass averts sunburn over the leaves.
- Tight construction reduces heat loss when heating the greenhouse, and consequently saves masterseptika.ru electricity.
- Packages won’t suffer with strong winds, hail or rain.
- The service lifetime of glazing together with proper handling is over a couple of years.
- The aesthetic appearance of glazing permits you not to hide the greenhouse in the bathtub, and put in it in the front yard. Some owners of original shape greenhouses make them the principal decoration of their yard or garden.
Furthermore, manufacturers offer double-glazed dividers using a set of necessary functions, including special coatings for heating and energy conserving , protection against mechanical influences and low temperatures, in addition to soundproofing.
Procedure of auto-ventilation of greenhouses.
- Double-glazed windows can be with specific vents for ventilation, which are equipped with apparatus together with the purpose of automatic opening. This is extremely convenient, since not necessarily the owners have the opportunity to ventilate the greenhouse in time. As an example, the French have been actively using only such greenhouses since the late 16th century to the present moment. Rest assured: a glass greenhouse will be your servant for decades to come.
- Glass does not keep UV rays, which are essential for rapid plant growth and fruit ripening, so allowing you to get the most out of the energy of sunlight.
- Should you use laminated or tempered (thermal) glass, this structure could withstand the most adverse conditions (precipitation in the shape of large hail, extreme heat and also strong frost is not going to be a problem with the structure ). Moreover, there is an opportunity to put in heating apparatus inside them.
Needless to say, the glass also has disadvantages, which need to be taken into consideration when building it. For example, the fact that glass is rather heavy material (1 m² of glass 4 mm thick weighs 10 kg, and 6 mm – 15 kg), must affect the presence of a solid foundation, as well as the building of a strong structure – frame.
How to Create a greenhouse from glass yourself
On a sunny day, the translucent coating of greenhouses allows short-wave solar radiation. It’s absorbed by black surfaces (soil, plants, equipment ), turns into long-wave radiation and stays in the structure. This transformation happens with the discharge of heat, which makes a greenhouse effect in the greenhouse.
Therefore, glass windows absolutely let the sun’s rays within the room and nearly completely keep the rear radiation, not allowing it to go out. To put it differently, unlike film, glass has become the most heat-saving substance, which is among the primary attributes of a great greenhouse.